The Polnicka village has been established in 1293 by the monastery in Zdar. Polnicka used to be one of the eldest centres of ironmonger’s. In 1409 two iron-mills worked here. Even weapon manufacture started here in 1848. The ironworks were the biggest company in Bohemia. The decline of the manufacture is dated since 1855. But thanks to its advantageous position it is now connected to tourism, cycle trails and quickly developed tourist industry. The village has a direct bus connection with Zdar nad Sazavou, Pribyslav and Hlinsko.